Returning to HKBU
We hope your summer study abroad experience has been inspiring and enjoyable.
Upon return to Hong Kong, please drop us a quick email or give us a call to let us know your safe arrival home. Apart from that, here are the things that you need to pay attention to:
A. Reflection Report
Please submit the following items to the International Office (in person or by email to email@example.com) within one month of your successful completion of the programme:
- An official transcript (original or certified true copy) and/or a certificate of completion issued by host institution
- An online reflection report on your experience
- 2 photos regarding your learning experience (with captions)
B. Transfer of Units
Upon return from the summer abroad programme, you may apply for transfer of units. Applications for transfer of units will be subject to the approval of respective departments and the Academic Registry. The University may not entertain any unit transfer for subjects with grades below the equivalence of grade C in the University grading system. Units transferred from other institutions are recorded without inclusion in GPA calculations. See the Academic Registry website for details.
Please request an official transcript from your host institution for HKBU before your departure. This is for unit transfer purposes. As well, it serves as an official document that you have completed your studies at the host institution.
You may be asked by the professors to provide materials concerning the subjects that you have taken at the host institution. This may include the course syllabi and your coursework, etc. Spare room in your luggage for these materials.
- For students enrolling in credit-bearing summer programmes, academic transcripts will normally be issued by the host institutions.
- Final year students should note the following if you have fulfilled the HKBU graduation requirements by the time you start the summer programmes:
- Applications for transfer of units based on the summer programme credentials will NOT be entertained.
- Information related to the summer programmes will NOT be included in the academic records and transcripts.
C. Stay International
Worried that your international exchange has come to an end?
Don't worry. Stay Connected and Have Fun by joining our Glowing Global Community.
Share your experiences at Study Abroad Fairs, Information Sessions and any occassions.
Meet newly arrived international and exchange students and support cross-cultural exchanges between local and non-local students at HKBU.