Returning to HKBU
We hope your summer study abroad experience has been inspiring and enjoyable.
Upon return to Hong Kong, please drop us a quick email or give us a call to let us know your safe arrival home. Apart from that, here are the things that you need to pay attention to:
A. Reflection Report
Please submit the following items to the International Office (in person or by email to email@example.com) within one month of your successful completion of the programme:
- An official transcript (original or certified true copy) and/or a certificate of completion issued by host institution
- A 500-word written reflection report on your experience in English
- 2 photos regarding your learning experience (with captions)
B. Transfer of Units
Upon return from the summer programme, you may apply for transfer of units at the Academic Registry.
The University may not entertain any unit transfer for subjects with grades below the equivalence of grade C in the University grading system. Units transferred from other institutions are recorded without inclusion in GPA calculations. Application for transfer of units will be subject to the approval of your major department. Please see the Academic Registry website for details.
- Please request to send an official transcript from your host institution for HKBU before your departure. This is for credit transfer purposes. As well, it serves as an official document that you have completed your studies at the host institution.
- You may be asked by the professors to provide any materials concerning the subjects that you have taken at the host institution. This may include the course syllabi and your coursework, etc. Please spare room in your luggage for these materials.
C. Stay International
Worried that your international exchange has come to an end?
Don't worry. Stay Connected and Have Fun by joining our "East-West Encounters" programme.
Share your experiences at Study Abroad Fairs, Information Sessions and any occassions.
Meet newly arrived international and exchange students and support cross-cultural exchanges between local and non-local students at HKBU.