After completing the programme
Hope you have enjoyed the programme!
We hope your virtual summer abroad experience has been inspiring and enjoyable. Here are the things that you need to pay attention to upon your completion of the programme:
Please submit the following items to the International Office (in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) within one month of your successful completion of the programme:
- An official transcript (original or certified true copy) and/or a certificate of completion issued by host institution
- An online evaluation of your experience
B. Transfer of Units
Upon completion of the Virtual Summer Abroad Programme, you may apply for transfer of units. Applications for transfer of units will be subject to the approval of respective departments and the Academic Registry. The University may not entertain any unit transfer for subjects with grades below the equivalence of grade C in the University grading system. Units transferred from other institutions are recorded without inclusion in GPA calculations. See the Academic Registry website for details.
Please request an official transcript from your host institution for HKBU. This is for unit transfer purposes. As well, it serves as an official document that you have completed your studies at the host institution.
You may be asked by the professors to provide materials concerning the subjects that you have taken at the host institution. This may include the course syllabi and your coursework, etc.
- For students enrolling in credit-bearing summer programmes, academic transcripts will normally be issued by the host institutions.
- Final year students should note the following if you have fulfilled the HKBU graduation requirements by the time you start the summer programmes:
- Applications for transfer of units based on the summer programme credentials will NOT be entertained.
- Information related to the summer programmes will NOT be included in the academic records and transcripts.
C. Stay International
Sad that your Virtual Summer Abroad Programme has come to an end?
Don't worry. Stay Connected and Have Fun by joining our Glowing Global Community.
Share your experiences at Study Abroad Fairs, Information Sessions and any occassions.
Meet newly arrived international and exchange students and support cross-cultural exchanges between local and non-local students at HKBU.