Easy Steps to Apply
Attend information sessions held by your faculty/department for the Student Exchange Programme.
Go to webpage “Where To Go?” and find out the countries/regions and institutions you can go for exchange studies.
Check if you have a valid TOEFL or IELTS test score (valid two years from the test date). If not, take the IELTS (Academic) test or TOEFL on or before 18 December 2022. Tests taken after the deadline will NOT be considered. [TOEFL or IELTS (Academic) test is not required if ALL of your choices of destination are in Mainland China and Taiwan.]
TOEFL (iBT): http://www.hkeaa.edu.hk/en/ipe/toefl/index.html
IELTS (British Council): https://www.britishcouncil.hk/en/exam/ielts
IELTS (IDP Education): https://www.idp.com/hongkong/ielts-hk/ielts-registration/?lang=en
Visit the International Office for enquiries, institutions' information and financial supports, etc.
Ask exchange returnees and exchange students about the institutions they are from or have studied at.
Consult International Office, your departmental exchange coordinator and/or academic advisor for any specific application schedule and procedures, credit transfer and academic related matters.
Submit our online application for exchange and scholarship ON/BEFORE the application deadline 15 November 2022 (11:59 p.m.).
Go to BUniPort.
- Follow the following paths to access the "Application for Student Exchange Programme":
- "Studies" → "My e-Application" → "Exchange Programme" → "Application for Student Exchange Programme"
- Upload the following documents (if applicable):
- A TOEFL or IELTS (Academic) score report OR your TOEFL or IELTS (Academic) test registration confirmation
- Government grant/loan approval letter
Selections for exchange placement will adopt a merit-based approach and be based on your (i) cGPA, (ii) TOEFL/IELTS Score, (iii) extra- and/or co-curricular activities, (iv) personal statement, and (v) availability of places at our exchange partner institutions.
- Application period is 1 September (9:00 a.m.) to 15 November (11:59 p.m.) in 2022.
[Hint: Submit your application at least 15 minutes before the deadline in case of technical difficulty!]
- Read carefully and follow all steps of Online Application.
- Late applications or incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Once your application is submitted, NO change of destinations AND/OR the duration of exchange period will be allowed.
- The International Office will forward your application to your Head of Department/Programme Director for endorsement. Only applications with endorsement (and meeting the eligibility criteria) will be offered a place at a particular host institution.
You are welcome to ask us any questions: