With the generous support of our donors, there are a number of merit-based and/or need-based scholarships available to eligible exchange students.
To be considered for any of these scholarships, you must be an eligible applicant and fulfill the following requirements and conditions:
- Excellent scholastic ability (cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above at the time of application and at the conclusion of the semester prior to the beginning of an exchange);
- A good TOEFL/IELTS score (i.e. a TOEFL/IELTS score above the minimum requirement);
- Outstanding records of extra-curricular activities, community and voluntary services;
- Strong leadership skills;
- A well-rounded personality;
- Willingness to contribute to HKBU and to the community after exchange; and
- Proven financial needs (a criterion for some but not all scholarships).
Award of Scholarships
All of the scholarships listed above are awarded on a competitive basis and subject to the availability of funds. Each of the scholarships shall be up to HKD$ 68,000. Specific scholarships will require eligible applicants to attend a face-to-face interview in January/February. The International Office will nominate suitable candidates to one of the scholarships according to the donor's requirements.
Notes to Scholarship Recipients
- Students are only entitled to receive one scholarship for exchange study at Hong Kong Baptist University.
- To show their appreciation to donors, scholarship recipients are required to submit a thank you letter and/or reports during or after their exchange, depending on individual donor’s requirement.
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend scholarship related events and activities organized by scholarship donors and HKBU before and after exchange.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to participate or share at least ONE of the Student Exchange Programme promotion-related activities after their return from exchange.
For disbursement details, please refer to the page on Disbursement HERE
More scholarship opportunities are available to you based on your major or awarded by your faculty/school. Click the name of a specific scholarship for more details.
You are welcome to ask us any questions: