- Scholarships administered through the International Office
- Faculty / School-level Scholarship/Financial Support
With the generous support of our donors, there are a number of merit-based and/or need-based scholarships available to eligible exchange students. All of the scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis and subject to the availability of funds. International Office will nominate suitable candidates to one of the scholarships listed below according to the donor’s requirements and interview panel members’ recommendations:
|Albert and Mabel Chan Exchange Scholarship||Character Building Scholarship Funds|
The Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong Scholarship Fund for Mainland Exchange
|Hsin Chong – K.N. Godfrey Yeh Education for Student Exchange Programme||Mr & Mrs So Kai Sing Student Exchange Scholarship|
|WKF Scholarship for Learning and Exchange in One Belt One Road Regions||HKBU Student Exchange Scholarships|
The specific criteria of each scholarship is available here.
To be considered for any of these scholarships, you must be an eligible applicant and fulfill the following requirements and conditions:
- Excellent scholastic ability (cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the time of application and at the conclusion of the semester prior to the beginning of an exchange);
- A good TOEFL/IELTS score (i.e. a TOEFL/IELTS score above the minimum requirement);
- Outstanding records of extra-curricular activities, community and voluntary services;
- Strong leadership skills;
- A well-rounded personality;
- Willingness to contribute to HKBU and to the community after exchange;
- Proven financial needs (a criterion for some but not all scholarships); and
- Completed “Application Form for Scholarships for Student Exchange Programme 2018/19” and uploaded it together with your on-line application for Student Exchange Programme 2018/19. Students who fail to provide completed information on the scholarship application form may not be considered for the scholarship. Please find the application form HERE ;and
- Your application must be supported by your Head of Department/Programme Director.
Qualified students will be invited to attend a panel selection interview conducted in January and February.
Notes to Scholarship Recipients
- Students are only entitled to receive one scholarship for exchange study at Hong Kong Baptist University.
- To show their appreciation to donors, scholarship recipients are required to submit a thank you letter and/or reports during or after their exchange, depending on individual donor’s requirement.
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend scholarship related events and activities organized by scholarship donors and HKBU before and after exchange.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to participate or share at least ONE of the Student Exchange Programme promotion-related activities after their return from exchange.
For disbursement details, please refer to the Disbursement page HERE
Faculty / School-level Scholarship / Financial Support
More scholarship opportunities are available to you based on your major or awarded by your faculty/school. Click the name of a specific scholarship for more details.